Have I sufficiently sold it to you yet?
Bloomin' Brilliant Brownie Cake
150g Billington's Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar
100g golden caster sugar
200g unsalted butter
300g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
2 large eggs
75g self-raising flour
40g cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas Mark 5. Line a 23cm/9inch round tin with baking parchment
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly
3. Whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the sugars and whisk until the mixture thickens. Fold in the melted chocolate
4. Sift in the flour and fold until the mixture is smooth
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes. There should be a light, springy crust on top but avoid overcooking; the centre should remain gooey.
- Optional extras for this recipe could include a handful of juicy cherries, chopped hazelnuts or some nuggets of honeycomb
- For more traditional, brownie squares simply bake in a 20cm square tin
- The cake is inspired by Billingtons. Last month, to celebrate the launch of their #bakeface campaign I attended a rather fun little partee involving a photobooth, props and an awful lot of cake and cocktails. Not a bad combination at all I'm sure you'd agree. Here was my contribution, add yours to be in with the chance to win lots of lovely baking prizes.