How will you be waving cheerio to 2011 and celebrating the New Year?
Joining the hundreds of thousands expected to 'ohh' and 'ahhhh' in delight at the London Eye Fireworks Display?
Perhaps getting a head start on the traditional January-hitting-the-gym-thing and running off the Christmas Pud in the annual Nos Galan Race in Mountain Ash?
Or will you be drinking your body weight in celebratory cocktails, one last hurrah before the austerity of a bleak 2012?
Maybe you'll be on the sofa, champers in one hand, a plate of reheated turkey curry in the other, watching Jools and co in the annual Hootenanny?
Quite possibly you're on the guest list for Pippa Middleton's New Year bash and fretting over what to wear to ensure your rear* looks as marginally as good as that of (quoting from the tabloids) 'her Royal Hotness'?
I'm oncall at the hospital all weekend so it'll be a woefully early night, munching on any leftovers and grieving for Christmas. Plus chomping down a few of these, which, incidentally, are the easiest peasiest homemade foodie gift you could possibly present to your party host/Pippa Middleton.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Party Bites
100g white chocolate
A handful dried cranberries
1. Melt the chocolate either in short 30 second bursts in a microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan of gently simmering water
2. Pour the chocolate into small silicone cases or moulds
3. Add a few dried cranberries on top and pop in the fridge until set
- This are so easy I feel bad blogging about them. But as I'm too busy catching up on Christmas telly (Downton Abbey! Ab Fab! Strictly Special! The Borrowers! Dr Who!) proper baking will have to wait til the New Year
- Have a lovely, lovely New Year celebration what ever you may be doing and all the very best for 2012.
* 14 hours may not be enough time, but you could invest in this DVD, The Perfect Pilates Bum, by Margot Campbell, credited with honing Ms Middleton's rear.