A couple of weeks back I was invited by Argos to film a few fun, family friendly and fabulously tasty Christmas recipes.
The first in the series are these Mini Chocolate Christmas Pudding Bites. Perfect little after-dinner and party treats, they are also a very delicious way of using up any leftover Christmas Pudding this festive season.
Mini Chocolate Christmas Pudding Bites Makes 10
For the bites:
50g finely chopped dark chocolate
175g cooled Christmas pudding
1 tablespoon golden syrup
For the decoration:
50g dark chocolate
finely chopped 1 tsp vegetable fat e.g. ‘Trex’
50g white ready to roll icing
50g ready to roll red fondant icing
50g ready to roll green fondant icing
1. Grease and line a baking sheet
2. To make the bites: in a heatproof bowl suspended above a pan of simmering water gently melt the dark chocolate
3. Crumble the cooled Christmas pudding into a large mixing bowl, add the golden syrup and stir to combine
4. Pour in the melted dark chocolate and stir together
5. Using a pair of disposable vinyl gloves roll small lumps of mixture into balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter and place on the prepared baking tray.
6. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to firm for 20-30 minutes
7. To decorate: in a heatproof bowl suspended above a pan of simmering water gently melt the dark chocolate together with the tablespoon of vegetable fat (this ensures a smooth dipping chocolate). Once melted, dip the firmed bites into the chocolate and place aside to set
8. Using a small daisy flower cutter, cut out the ‘brandy sauce’ decoration, one per pudding bite. Place on top of each bite. Form three small ‘berries’ for each bite from the red fondant and two ‘holly leaves’ per bite from the green fondant and use to decorate.
Happy festive baking!
The videos were produced in association with Argos, who have a great range of larder fridges such as the one seen in this film. Pop back shortly for the second film in the series.
This is a sponsored post